Wednesday 31 August 2016

FOT 2016-2017: The re-birth

Yep, it's properly back this time.

I mean it, I truly do.

So last summer when I had a bit too much free time on my hands I made a blog post about my first year of uni and promised to write more. However, as it often does, life started getting busy again and alas, I either forgot/didn't have the time to blog. Yea, that happened. I would write another post about this past year for you to read however yet again, I'm pushed for time. Soz guys.

So let's instead focus on what this post (public service announcement) is all about. This is the return of Fraser On Tour- the blog you all knew and loved during my gap year in 2013 & 2014. I'm aware I may have received some new readers (Ower, if you're reading this, "welcome to my blog!") so if you are one of those said readers, feel free to look back at those posts if you want to further procrastinate from that important thing you're supposed to be doing right now.

This time around it's Year Abroad time. I'm now in my third year of uni study having completed two years at the University of Southampton and am now going on an Erasmus placement to study at the Universidad de Alcalá for the next 9 months. The University, as the name probably suggests, is located in Alcalá de Henares, a town situated about 30 minutes north east outside of Madrid.

Alcalá looking pretty



My adventure starts on Wednesday when I jet off to Barcelona and besides some logistical matters I need to sort out, I'm pretty excited to be going as you'd probably expect. After 2 years in Southampton, I'm ready for a change of scenery and a new challenge that I'm hoping will help me rekindle my passion for travel and language learning. Ever since leaving Mallorca 33 months ago, I knew I wanted to live in Spain again at some point in my life and I'm glad I get to discover a new location as nice as Alcalá with Madrid right on my doorstep to boot! Lots of new opportunities are ahead of me and I can't wait to get stuck in once more.

Blog-wise, I'm likely to be much busier than I was during my gap year and therefore I can't guarantee a weekly post like I used to deliver. However, I am aiming to give you a fortnightly offering at very least which should hopefully be satisfactory. Depending on how you view things, I've either been A) very waffly and could've written a shorter post. or B) Not provided enough detail. So I'm gonna stop now, will give you more insight into what I'm getting up to in my upcoming posts (will tell you about Barcelona soon...) and yea, see you soon.

I'M BACK BABY!!!

#FraserOnTour

FP

No comments:

Post a Comment